Here are 13 highlights of my trip to Israel...
scroll back through my posts to read more about the trip.
1. Seeing and hanging out with my brother.
2. Praying together at the Kotel, the Western Wall.
3. Shabbat in Jerusalem. We spent Friday night at Kehillat Har El, a Reform congregation in Jerusalem. They honored us with home hospitality, which was awesome, and then we went back for a seudah shlishit and study session, followed by Havdalah.
4. Visiting the new Yad Vashem Memorial and Museum. I hadn't been to the newly renovated version of the museum and it was awesome. For me, the highlight was seeing 8th and 9th grade students from Chicago in the same place as we were. I felt as though I was experiencing it through their eyes as well.
5. Watching people make phone calls on top of Masada!
6. The snow in Jerusalem
7. Going to the mall with a small group on a rainy night.
8. Visiting the grave of Naomi Shemer and singing Jerusalem of Gold.
9. Jeep-riding in the Golan Heights!
10. Meeting young Arab girls in Nazareth in a felafel restaurant.
11. Meeting Robin of Around the Island for lunch!
12. Being silly on the bus.
13. Traveling with this incredible group of women!
More people thought about 13 this week...