Sunday, December 16, 2007

Deep Breath...I'm home!

Come see the Biennial Blog!

I write this in my cab home from OHare airport at 1am Chicago time. The weather sure is different here! But so is the feeling of being back in the real world. It's a little like leaving camp - going from being surrounded by Jews and wearing a nametag to being a little (okay a lot) more anonymous. I was sad to have to leave early but glad I was able to hear Eric Yoffie's sermon this morning. What a remarkable man he is. I feel so blessed and safe with him as our fearless leader. I look forward to rereading his sermon when it is posted online and sharing it with my congregation. The biennial was great - buzzing with energy and life and friends who are like family. May blessings follow each and every one of us as we travel in safety back to our homes. Signing off for now but please continue to visit me at my regular blogs here and at http://imabima.blogspot.com Shavua tov and see you in Toronto!

4 comments:

Keli Ata said...

Glad you made it home safely Rabbim, and that you had such a wonderful time :)

Shavua tov!

I'm not familiar with the Biennial--is it only for rabbis?

Keli Ata said...

Rabbi* excuse the typo.

Phyllis Sommer said...

keli - i can't email you back so i'm responding here - the biennial is actually for all parts of our movement, especially the lay leaders - to come together to celebrate reform judaism! check it out for 2009:-)

Keli Ata said...

Sounds very interesting, thanks!