Saturday, September 10, 2011

Greener Grass #BlogElul

How many times have you thought...I wish I had what she has. I wish I had what he has.

Is the grass really greener on the other side of the fence?

Or is the grass that we have delightful because we have it?

Make the most of what you have.
Celebrate it, in fact.
Water it.
Cherish it.

It will grow and grow.

Elul is a good time to count your blessings.
Don't wish for the blessings you don't have.
Just start counting the ones that you do...
The Jewish month of Elul, which precedes the High Holy Days, is traditionally a time of renewal and reflection. It offers a chance for spiritual preparation for the Days of Awe. It is traditional to begin one’s preparation for the High Holy Days during this month with the Selichot, the prayers of forgiveness. We look to begin the year with a clean slate, starting anew, refreshed. All month, I'll be blogging (except on Shabbat) a thought for each day to help with your month of preparation... Most of my #BlogElul posts will be here, some will be over at my other blog, imabima.blogspot.com, so feel free to visit me there or follow me on Twitter to read all my #BlogElul posts and others' posts too!

No comments: